Accessible Curriculum Materials for Students with ASN
You are here:
Terms and Conditions
- These books are Accessible Digital Copies of printed books. The original digital files from which the Accessible Copies were made were kindly provided by Hachette UK Limited. All rights to the Accessible digital copies are retained by the rightsholders of the printed books.
- The Accessible Digital Copies are for the personal use of an "Authorised Person" who is defined as "a pupil who is visually impaired or otherwise disabled and by reason of such visual impairment or disability is unable to read or access the original printed book".
- An Authorised Person is regarded as "visually impaired" in accordance with s.31F (9) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, or, as appropriate, as a "disabled person" in accordance with s.1 of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- The Authorised Persons who can use the Accessible Digital Copies are named on the Request Form. No other pupils can use the Copies.
- The Accessible Copy may be stored on the students' personal computer or other electronic device, or on a secure password-protected intranet limiting access to the student(s) only.
- The user(s) of the Accessible Digital Copy must have legal access to a hard copy of the book, bought either for personal use or as part of a class set.
- If the pupil(s) cannot access the Accessible Digital Copy, it may be converted into another Alternative Format. The book may not be altered except as required for conversion to the Alternative Format, and conversion must retain the integrity of the text.
- The student(s) may print the contents of the book for personal use only.
- The Accessible Copy may not be further copied, nor may it be supplied to any other person, without permission. It may not be made available on the world wide web or copied or transferred to any third party.
- The Accessible Digital Copy should be deleted once the pupil(s) have completed the course for which it was supplied.
- Do not supply the Accessible Copy to other pupils, even if they are print-disabled. If you require another Accessible Copy of this book for more pupils, contact CALL Scotland and request another copy. This means we can keep track of which pupils are using the Accessible Copies.
- Please note that that usage of Accessible Digital Copies outwith these terms and conditions may result in legal action against you and/or your educational establishment.